Monday, April 1, 2013

Choo-choo!

Photo from sxc.hu


I hesitated to do songs about trains, since it could almost be a never-ending topic. So here's one entry, with more to come at a later date:

Jerry Jeff Walker and Jimmy Buffet wrote this song together. It's gently sad and nostalgic, just like a train song should be.
1. Jerry Jeff Walker: Railroad Lady

This song was written by Steve Goodman, which I didn't know until last week when I was working on this blog. He's a strange mix of humor and gentleness. He does it a bit differently from other versions I've heard.

2. Steve Goodman: City of New Orleans


Every train song should have a little tap dancing!
3. Dorothy Dandridge and Nicholas Brothers: Chattanooga Choo Choo

There are a lot more versions to this song than I would have thought.

4. Mary Chapin Carpenter: Downtown Train 

Finally, my husband's favorite:
5. Thomas the Train Theme

There are only a zillion train songs out there. Please share your favorite for the next round!


No comments:

Post a Comment