Thursday, April 25, 2013

Moon Too--This Time in Pink

Photo from Stock Exchange





Tonight is the pink moon, the full moon in spring when the flowers are in bloom. So I thought a second round of moon songs was in order. Jim is a lot of the inspiration for this entry, and the source for a lot of really cool songs.






First, there is actually a Pink Moon Song! I can't say I like it, but here it is:
Nick Drake: Pink Moon



Jimmy says this one's nostalgic (that's 'cause he's old--I'm not, at least not compared to him!)
The Capris: There's A Moon Out Tonight


This song just delights me. Jimmy suggested it. It's sweet, and funny, and just amazing. I hope you like it.
Hondo Crouch: Luckenbach Moon Texas


We both said "how did we forget this one?" when I found it while searching on YouTube:
Jerry Butler: Moon River


I may need to sneak around and do the blog away from Jim. He always makes me put in a Tom Waits song. Of course, he finds such good ones. Here is a moon song.
Tom Waits: Grapefruit Moon


We enjoyed our Pink Moon tonight. It was lovely. Hope you like our moon songs! Please share the blog if you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment